Barka Foundation is looking for Romanian-speaking volunteers within all our widespread national projects
Barka Foundation assists vulnerable European citizens who encounter various problems in the Netherlands.
As a Romanian-speaking volunteer, you will:
- Work together with the Romanian team of social assistants;
- Visit places where Romanian citizens/migrants live and/or temporarily stay (such as day/night shelters, campings, hospitals, mental health institutions, other organizations);
- Respond to the support requests that come either directly from the person in need or indirectly from different social partners, and provide guidance and help according to the situation;
- Encourage, motivate, and assist clients in finding a job (with accommodation) or when the perspectives in NL are lacking, in returning back to their home country – reconnection.
As a Romanian-speaking volunteer, you need to:
- Speak fluent Romanian;
- Have a good knowledge of the Dutch language (and/or English);
- Be available at least once a week (for at least 6 months);
- Have undergone or currently undergoing higher education, preferably in the social/psychological field;
- Feel comfortable working with the target group;
- Consider the possible need for flexibility of movement between within different regions of the Netherlands;
What we offer:
- Working experience in an international NGO with colleagues of different nationalities;
- Gaining experience of working in a support programme for vulnerable citizens. Learning from the rich experience of the mother organization, Barka Foundation in Poland, when it comes to supporting and empowering people experiencing life difficulties such as addictions, homelessness, unemployment.
- A volunteer contract
- Volunteer allowance
If you’re interested, please send your CV and motivation letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org
We are looking forward to meeting you!
Click here to read more information about Barka Foundation in the Netherlands.