Barka Foundation is looking for Romanian-speaking social assistant within all our widespread national projects
As a Romanian–speaking social assistant, you will:
- Work together with the Romanian team of social assistants;
- Visit places where Romanian citizens/migrants live and/or temporarily stay (such as day/night shelters, campings, hospitals, mental health institutions, other organizations);
- Respond to the support requests that come either directly from the person in need or indirectly from different social partners and provide guidance and help according to the situation;
- Encourage, motivate, and assist beneficiaries in finding a job (with accommodation) or when the perspectives in Netherlands are lacking, in returning back to their home country – reconnection.
As a (Romanian-speaking) employee, you need to:
- Speak fluent Romanian.
- Have a good knowledge of the Dutch language (and/or English).
- Have undergone higher education, preferably in the social/psychological field;
- Feel comfortable working with the target group.
- Consider the call for flexibility of movement between/within different regions of the Netherlands.
What we offer:
- Working experience in an international NGO with colleagues of different nationalities.
- Gaining experience of working in a support programme for vulnerable citizens. Learning from the rich experience of the mother organization, Barka Foundation in Poland, when it comes to supporting and empowering people experiencing life difficulties such as addictions, homelessness, unemployment.
- Salary according to the collective labor agreement for social work.
- Working time: 32/36 hours per week.
Estimated start date: September/ October 2022
The first phase of the recruitment process will be an interview. Subsequently, the candidate will follow a several-day in the field training in Stichting Barka’s projects across the Netherlands.
If you’re interested, please send your CV and motivation letter before Tuesday, September 20, to: email@example.com
We are looking forward to meeting you!
Click here to read more information about Barka Foundation in the Netherlands.