Barka Foundation is looking for a Polish-speaking social assistant (for our office in Utrecht )
Barka Foundation assists homeless end vulnerable European citizens who encounter various problems in the Netherlands.
As a polish–speaking social assistant, you will:
- Work together with the Polish team of social assistants
- Visit places where homeless individuals live and/or temporarily stay (such as day/night shelters, hospitals, mental health institutions and other organisations)
- Respond to the support requests that come either directly from the person in need or indirectly from different social partners and provide guidance and help according to the situation.
- Encourage, motivate, and assist beneficiaries in finding a job (with accommodation) or when the prospects in the Netherlands are lacking, in returning back to their home country in the form of a reconnection.
As a social assistant, you need to:
- Speak Polish fluently
- Have a good working knowledge of the Dutch language
- Have undergone higher education
- Feel comfortable working with the target group
What we offer:
- Working experience in an international NGO with colleagues of different nationalities
- Gaining experience in working on a support programme for homeless and vulnerable citizens
- Learning from the rich experience of the mother organisation: Barka Foundation in Poland, in supporting and empowering people experiencing life difficulties such as addictions, homelessness, unemployment, etc.
- Cooperating with various Dutch organisations
- Gaining insight into the field of addictions
- Salary according to the collective labor agreement for social work
- Working time: 32 hours per week.
- Estimated start date: July 1, 2023
The first phase of the recruitment process will be an interview. Subsequently, the candidate will follow a several-day training in the field in Stichting Barka’s projects across the Netherlands.
If you’re interested, please send your CV and motivation letter before June 20, to: email@example.com
We are looking forward to meeting you!