Barka Foundation assists vulnerable European citizens who encounter various problems in the Netherlands.
As a Romanian-speaking volunteer, you will:
- Work together with the Romanian team of social assistants;
- Visit places where Romanian citizens/migrants live and/or temporarily stay (such as day/night shelters, campings, hospitals, mental health institutions, other organizations);
- Respond to the support requests that come either directly from the person in need or indirectly from different social partners, and provide guidance and help according to the situation;
- Encourage, motivate, and assist clients in finding a job (with accommodation) or when the perspectives in NL are lacking, in returning back to their home country – reconnection.
As a Romanian-speaking volunteer, you need to:
- Speak fluent Romanian;
- Have a good knowledge of the Dutch language (and/or English);
- Be available at least once a week (for at least 6 months);
- Have undergone/undergo higher education, preferably in the social/psychological field;
- Feel comfortable working with the target group;
- Consider the possible need for flexibility of movement between/within different regions of the Netherlands.
What we offer:
- Working experience in an international NGO with colleagues of different nationalities;
- Gaining knowledge of the social economy field, whose principles the Barka international aid program is based on;
- Gaining insight into the field of addictions;
- A volunteer contract;
- Volunteer allowance.
If you’re interested, fill the form below and we’ll get back to you as soon as we can!