Barka Foundation is looking for Polish-speaking social assistant (for our project in Rotterdam)
Barka Foundation assists homeless end vulnerable European citizens who encounter various problems in the Netherlands.
As a Polish–speaking social assistant, you will:
- Work together with the Polish team of social assistants.
- Visit places where homeless individuals live and/or temporarily stay (such as day/night shelters, hospitals, mental health institutions, other organizations).
- Respond to the support requests that come either directly from the person in need or indirectly from different social partners and provide guidance and help according to the situation.
- Encourage, motivate, and assist beneficiaries in finding a job (with accommodation) or when the perspectives in Netherlands are lacking, in returning back to their home country – reconnection.
As a (Polish-speaking) social assistant, you need to:
- Speak fluently the Polish language.
- Have a good working knowledge of the Dutch language (and/or English).
- Have undergone higher education, preferably in the social/psychological field.
- Feel comfortable working with the target group.
What we offer:
- Working experience in an international NGO with colleagues of different nationalities.
- Gaining experience of working in a support programme for homeless and vulnerable citizens.
- Learning from the rich experience of the mother organisation: Barka Foundation in Poland when it comes to supporting and empowering people experiencing life difficulties such as addictions, homelessness, unemployment.
- Cooperating with various Dutch organisations.
- Gaining insight into the field of addictions.
- Salary according to the collective labor agreement for social work.
- Working hours: 32 hours per week.
Estimated start date: January/February 2022
The first phase of the recruitment process will be an interview. Subsequently, the candidate will follow a several-day in the field training in Stichting Barka’s projects across the Netherlands.
If you’re interested, please send your CV and motivation letter before Monday, January 8, to: firstname.lastname@example.org
We are looking forward to meeting you!